I can’t afford to buy another toy but I bit the bullet and brought the Sony A6500 and the SELP18105G E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS!
It was a long thought process where I was going back and forth on getting the DJI Mavic Pro or the Sony camera, in the end, after much debate between my inner demons, the choice was made and I think I made the right choice for me. The 5 reasons below was why I went with the camera.
1. I like taking pictures and videos. My love started out with videos when the dv cameras first came out but switched to photography. Photography has been a tremendous in relieving stress and bringing out the creative side in me.
2. I love the video and photo capabilities of the DJI Phantom 3 Pro, so going for a Mavic made sense for me. It would be portable and I could take it with me to a lot more places than what I could do with the Phantom 3 Pro.
3. Cost, the cost of getting the Sony A6500 or the Mavic Pro was about the same, if you take the cost of a camera lens out.
4. Low light of the Sony A6500 seemed to be ok for the indoor sports shots I’ve been doing and the 4k video capabilities along with 5-axis stabilization tips it in its favor.
5. DJI Phantom 3 Pro is still a great drone and do I really need another drone if I haven’t even flown the Phantom 3 Pro that much compared to taking a lot of pics with my Nikon D800.
Now, this isn’t all the reasons and its condensed but you get the jest of it.
Here are some pics, more to come.
Here is the post-processing in lightroom 4 – yes I’m not using the current cc version.
I’ll post more on my thought of the Sony A6500, the post processing in lightroom 4.0, the issues of editing with an old version that doesn’t support Sony’s ARW raw file format and the workaround used to edit in a future post, keep an eye out for it. 🙂
Affiliate links below:
Sony A6500 and 18-105 lens combo: http://amzn.to/2oQggYm
Sony A6500 cameras, accessories, etc: http://amzn.to/2nX7NDu